Saturday 28 May 2011

My Struggles #1

Shortly after my miscarriage, a couple at my parents' church lost their baby. Their baby was lost due to long cord syndrome and was fine and healthy until the end of the pregnancy when he dropped. The cord wrapped around his neck and the poor little baby was strangled.

The struggle that I had with this is the fact that I had to suffer in silence. I knew this couple and the church. My own parents seemed like they were tired of hearing me talk about the miscarriage (which I didn't talk much at all and talked even less after this experience). The church rearranged their mother's day service to honour this couple and their lost baby.

The only thing that made their baby different from ours is time. The 30+ more weeks that their baby had that our baby never had the chance to have is the only reason the people knew and the only reason that people mourn their loss and don't mourn ours.

I've gotten lots of posts from people on babycenter.com when I posted a post about this. I even got a post from someone who had gone through a stillborn and a miscarriage and posted that they both hurt and they both felt different but it also wasn't fair that people don't mourn miscarriages the same way.

If it wasn't for babycenter.com I don't know how I would have survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment