Monday 6 June 2011

Canucks lead the series 2-0!

Wow, I never was a hockey person but I guess the Olympics last year kinda got me into it with the Gold Medal final! With both Canada and the U.S. playing, I was cheering for both but rooting for Canada cuz I live here...

But seriously since the Canucks started playing for the Stanley Cup, I've missed only a few games. I can't call myself a true hockey nut of course as I probably will never watch any team except the Canucks and I will sit around doing other things while the game is on.

The last two games have been nail biters.

The first game was 0-0 the whole game until the last few minutes of the 3rd period where the Canucks scored. Wow...

In the second game, the score was 1-0 for Canucks at the end of the first period. 2-1 for the Bruins at the end of the second and 2-2 by the end of the third. The Canucks won the game 11 SECONDS into overtime. Intense!

I can only hope that they continue this streak. They haven't been this far in the Stanley Cup running since 1994 and I don't think they've ever won the cup...

Random funny thing... My friend told me that if the Nucks lost, she would be sleeping on the couch because it would be all her fault because she shaved her playoff "beard" aka her legs... lol

I hope the Nucks can do it tonight! Take it to 3-0 in Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment