Thursday 8 December 2011

Holiday Questionnaire

Holiday Questionnaire from Becky!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? hot chocolate. I dislike egg nog GREATLY. But really, I prefer chocolate milk to hot chocolate anyways. I'm a cold drink kind of person, not hot.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? "Santa" wraps a few when we've got extra gifts for someone or for a group of someones and we don't care about signing for em. The dog also gives gifts too xD

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Coloured. White lights are LAME! haha. We got a fake tree this year because we borrowed our tree from my parents last year. It's 7.5 feet tall, with coloured lights (including PURPLE!) and it's beautiful. Plus it only cost $160 and my parents paid $100 of that.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never have. Idk what it looks like in real life.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Black friday or that weekend. My dad and husband are from the U.S. so it's unacceptable to put them up before Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I don't like christmas dinner, so I guess I don't really have one. I'm a pasta person, not a meat/veggies person so I eat small bits of christmas and thanksgiving dinners.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Christmases in California :)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember really. I don't remember it be traumatic or anything I just remember not being allowed to say Santa wasn't real because my cousins still really believed in him for years after that.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yeah, my grandparents in California always gave us an ornament for the tree and we open that on Christmas Eve. We might open another one if someone particularily wants us to.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? All our ornaments we've gotten over the years as well as some we've bought. None of this matching colour crap for us xD

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it. But my city gets stupid when we have it. We don't get much snow being surrounded by ocean  so when it shows up, no one knows how to drive. Usually we end up with snow for about a week each year and it doesn't always show up at christmas.

12. Can you ice skate? I can not fall down. But skate? I guess a bit.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember getting a razer scooter when I was younger. That same year my brother got a gameboy colour and I was so happy for my scooter because I already had a gameboy colour because for once I had saved my money. The gift was more than just a gift, it was proof that I can save money if I really tried.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Fudge! Chocolate fudge made with marshmallow cream. Although after last night I might have to change my mind. My friend made this amazing millionaire shortbread that I'm gonna get the recipe to!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? 

17. What tops your tree? Last year was a star but this year will probably be an angel since the star is kinda ugly and it outweighs the top branch on the tree. I'm gonna grab a $15 non light up angel from Wal Mart probably. I saw some that I really loved last time I was there.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Usually giving, unless I had a hard time with gift ideas for someone. If I've got a really awesome gift idea, I'm excited about giving a ton more.

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum in almost all flavours too!

20. Favorite Christmas show? Holiday Inn I think

21. Saddest Christmas song? Christmas Shoes

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Grown Up Christmas List

23. Do you use an Advent calendar? Only a chocolate one, if someone buys it for me. My family had one I loved when I was younger but I don't know where it is now.

24. Do you go to church on Christmas? Christmas Eve usually

25. What were your Christmas morning rules as a kid? Stockings before breakfast and one present. Then everything else after breakfast and showers

(My question) 26. Fake or real tree? Fake for now. Real when we have kids old enough to appreciate it.

If you have any interesting answers to questions, leave them in the comments! or link up if you do the questionnaire on your blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment