Wednesday 3 October 2012

First time momma

False alarm... kinda. I was having contractions, but they weren't bad enough even though they were a lot worse than the ones I'd had off and on for the last week. They monitored baby and contractions, checked me again to see if the contractions made progress (nada), did all my paperwork (one less thing to do today) and looked over my birth plan (had a bunch written in pen :/ lol I didn't have time to reprint it!). Then they sent me home with sleeping pills and T3 to try get some sleep! It worked but I had to take both sleeping pills so I was awake for an hour before I took the 2nd one (per her suggestion since I never take sleeping pills.

I'll be back later today for cervadil and probably stay in hospital since my fluid is low (like a 2.5... not sure if they measure fluid levels the same in the states as they do here but that seems super low to me). Time to pack some bored games and chug some water! Baby is still moving great and I'm getting really excited!

For those of you who don't have babies yet and find it awkward to be checked down there... it is still awkward for me, but not as bad as it used to be! I'll let you know how I feel about it after I push something out of there with everyone watching! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment